My Mom's Cornmeal Porridge

By Kissyface454 - 10:17 PM



I promised Fred that I would make him porridge for breakfast one day during the week, but I wanted to do t the way that my mom does it, so I kinda got her help on this one but with my own measurements.



INGREDIENTS

2 cups water
a pinch of salt
a splash of vanilla
a dash of nutmeg
a dash of cinamon
1 cup of cornmeal
2 cups of milk
Condense milk & brown

METHOD

  1. In a large pot or sauce pan, add the first five ingredients and bring to a boil. While the water boils, mix the cornmeal and milk together and then slowly pour the mixture into your now boiling water. 
  2. Stir for 5-6 minutes to prevent lumps. Reduce heat to medium low and allow to cook for another 15 minutes. 
  3.  If it gets too thick, add milk to make it as thin as you want it. Sweeten to taste using condensed milk and sugar. 
Serve hot, as you know, and compare to my cornmeal porridge and let me know which one you prefer. 

Mommy, xo. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments