For Valentine's Day Aiden usually sends a Valentine for each of his friends in his class. This year I decided to add a cute heart shaped crayon with each card. I was tagged in a picture on Facebook, and that's where I got the idea from. Now if you google how to make these, the majority of the tutorials require that you have heart shape molds. I didn't have any and was too excited to wait and go get some. So what I did instead was take an old cookie sheet, (which is now dedicated to crafts; If you want you can lay aluminum foil on the bottom of the pan but it probably wont come out as smooth), and my heart shaped cookie cutter. It was super easy and all it really takes is time.
- broken crayons
- cookie sheet or baking pan
- aluminum foil (optional)
- Separate your crayons and remove the wrappers. break them up as small as possible.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Lay your crayons on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Cut out your hearts and let them cool for another hour before breaking them apart.
- After the hour, break them apart.
- Add a small tag or a coloring page to let the kids know that it's a crayon and not a cookie or candy lol.
|If your little one is currently obsessed with WWE like Aiden is, then feel free to use this print out|
|I attached the crayon to the print out using Elmer's Glue|
If you try this tag me on Instagram! @mommy_xo