Brunch Of Creatives 2019

By Kissyface454 - 10:00 AM


This past Sunday I, (well my alter ego, kissyface454) was invited to Brunch of Creatives to speak on a panel about love, marriage & everything in between. 



Right off the bat, the event space was gorgeous! From the marble floors to the multiple grand chandeliers. The conversations were flowing and there was never a down moment. I met so many new people and caught up with a lot of familiar faces. The space was open, inviting and somehow made you WANT to walk over to someone new and introduce yourself. There were designers, artists, bloggers, photographers, many many many business owners, of which shared so many insightful tidbits to hold on to. 

 














I was given copious amounts of mimosas and rum punches galore, the menu was very vast and accommodating for the herbivores, carnivores and omnivores in all of us. I somehow missed the appetizers, which I was truly looking forward to trying Ms. Chin Rolls; Ackee and Saltfish EGG ROLLS! I did get a main course option though and I opted for the Salmon Day, which was a herbal blend roasted salmon, served with rice and asparagus. 



In all honesty, salmon isn’t something you can truly ruin, it’s the quickest thing to make. And while that is so, my fish was bland, my rice was salty, and my asparagus didn’t snap. But maybe the chef didn’t taste it before it went out, maybe this was their biggest event so far in their career, maybe seafood isn’t their thing. Whatever the reason was, this was the one downfall of the event for me. 


On another note though, the Fried Chicken and Waffles was the hit of the day. The panelist that shared a table with me raved about it as I stared at my sad fish. To my fellow foodies out there, what is the one thing you know is ALWAYS good at big brunch events like this? And don't say chicken and waffles. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments