Saltfish Fritters

By Kissyface454 - 10:59 AM



Woke up craving saltfish fritters, so saltfish fritters were made. This is pretty much how my cooking process goes. I only make it, if I feel like making it. And I'm not ashamed of that. Cooking should be enjoyable, not tedious.



INGREDIENTS


Saltfish
scallion
onion
red bell pepper
flour
oil
thyme

METHOD


 1. Rinse and boil saltfish. I boiled mine once but you can boil yours twice especially if you're getting yours fresh. You may even want to soak it overnight. 

 2. Pick your fish, add it to your flour, also chop and add your other ingredients to the flour

   3. Slowly add water and mix to create a thick batter


  4. In your pan, I like using a dutch pot but any non-stick frying pan will work, add a generous           amount of oil. 


  5. Once your oil is hot, using a large spoon or small ladle, begin adding your batter to the oil.


  6. The above picture is a good indicator for when you should turn your fritters over. Keep a constant watch over your fritters as you want them to be golden and not brown/burnt. 



 7. When you're done, dive in! I typically eat at least one from the first batch just to make sure its cooked all the way through ;)








  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments